200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training
Take the next step on your path: 200-hr certified yoga teacher training in Sacramento
Apply now! 200-Hour Online Application
“If you want to learn something, read. If you want to understand something, write. If you want to master something, teach.” – Yogi Bhajan
Each one of us is already a master. You may have already begun to sense this in your yoga practice. The humming of your body, the power of the breath, and the strength and balance that develops with commitment are all subtle realizations that this body is something spectacular.
This 200-hr certified teacher training is designed to take you further down the path of self-realization, while providing strong tools and confidence to teach to others. It is our purpose on this planet to uplift ourselves so that we may increase the strength and vibrancy of those around us.
Be yourself. Burn brightly. Do so unwaveringly.
- Vinyasa & Sequencing
- Daily Chanting
- Chakras & Subtle Body Exploration
- Yoga Sutras
- History & Origins of Yoga
- 8-Limb Philosophy
- Yoga Anatomy & Physiology
- Becoming a Powerful Teacher
- Assisting Training
- Introduction to Yoga Therapy
- Ayurvedic principles of Yoga
Using principles of Yoga Therapy, we will dive into Yoga as a philosophy, as a healing tool, and as a way of living. This 200-hour teaching certification comes with an additional 45 hours of additional coursework as an introduction to Yoga Therapy, which provides students a solid introduction to discover if Yoga Therapy is a desired path. In order to become a Certified Yoga Therapist, students must have an additional 1000 hours of accredited study beyond the 200 hour training.
Allow the commitment to ten weekends expand your practice, your heart, and your teachings:
- Regular Weekend Times:
Saturdays: 7:00 am – 6:30 pm
Sundays: 7:00 am – 5:30 pm
- 1) Assisting Training: September 10, 11, 24, and 25, 2016
Times: 12:30-7:30pm (all days)
In depth study of pose alignment and hands on assisting.
- 2) Foundations: October 8-9
Intro to the history and origins of yoga, and what it means to be a teacher.
- 3) Movement as Medicine: October 22-23
The practice of teaching yoga as a healing art.
- 4) Flow to Joy: November 5-6
Practice teaching vinyasa. Moving body and breath, stirring the inner winds.
- 5) Intro to Yoga Therapy and Outreach: November 19-20
Yoga Therapy techniques to teach to underserved populations, includes SEVA service and/or teaching.
- 6) Karma Yoga, Yoga of Action: December 3-4
Develop as a teacher through service.
- 7) Bodies Anonymous: December 17-18
Anatomy and modifications in depth.
- 8) Delving Deeper into Heart and Hips: January 14-15, 2017
Introduction to Somatic Healing philosophy.
- 9) Yin & Yang: Yoga Philosophy and The Business of Yoga: January 28-29, 2017
Finding the balance between devotion and the business of yoga.
- 10) Personal Freedom Retreat: February 3-5, 2017
Personal Development and fullest potential as a yogi. Retreat location: Land of the Medicine Buddha, Santa Cruz (subject to location change)
- Please note: Two of the ten weekends — 1) Assisting Training and 5) Yoga Therapy — have times that are different from the regular weekend times. Those times are listed above.
- SEVA Component: After weekend five, each trainee will begin teaching in a community outreach program to gain teaching practice and experience. Trainees will rotate teaching on a weekly basis. Groups usually have at least four members, which equates to each trainee needing to teach at most once a month at the outreach site.
- General Info: Every teacher training weekend (except #1 and #5) will include practice teaching, developing your personal practice, philosophy, teaching methodology, anatomy and physiology, chant, meditation, and more. We strive to produce community leaders who teach from their own inner power and strength. By training with the Yoga Seed, you are working toward serving others through yoga, meditation, and mindfulness using the principles of yoga therapy. Each student teacher will teach in a community outreach program to gain practice as well as participating in Karma Yoga, the yoga of selfless service, which is the highest form of all.
- Apply Today! Find the application by clicking HERE, or send us an email at email@example.com to request the application.
- Total Cost: $2875 for the 200+ hour teacher training includes all books, an Assisting workshop and an Intro to Yoga Therapy.Payment Plans:
- Option A: Payment IN FULL, Early Bird before June 15th 2016 |$2399
- Option B: Payment IN FULL, Eager Beaver before July 15th 2016 | $2499
- Option C: Payment IN FULL by start date, September 10, 2016 | $2875
- Option D: Payment Plan | Credit Card Only | $3,000
– $500 deposit due at time of registration
– $1,500 must be paid by the program start date of September 10, 2016 (includes deposit)
– $1,500 balance is to be paid in monthly installments of $500:
September thru November of 2015
- Option E: Payment Plan | Credit Card Only | $3,000.
– $500 deposit due at time of registration
– $1,500 must be paid by the program start date, September 10, 2016 (includes deposit)
– $1,500 balance is to be paid in monthly installments of $250:
September 2016 thru February of 2016
We have four (4) scholarships available, but they are reserved for members who are served in the outreach program. If you are currently being served by our outreach program and wish to become a yoga teacher in your center or school, please contact us and request a scholarship form.
Lead Instructors: Jessica Rhodes, E-RYT & Reno Gorman E-RYT